Skin problems are very common in people of all ages. Thus, the growth of the natural skincare industry is significant in the beauty products market. However, all the skincare products won’t be of the same quality, and you have to be very particular about the selection of the right product. You have to create a natural skincare routine that will suit the needs of your skin. If you have some chronic disease, then the selection process should be more strict.
There is a lot of debate in the industry regarding the natural products of skincare. The natural ingredients are always better for your skin as they are devoid of any synthetic materials. These products can be rich sources of antioxidants, essential oils, bioactive compounds, vitamins, hydrocolloids, proteins, and terpenoids. The plant extract can be the most cost-effective and safe option for skincare products.
Prepare a routine
If you have finally decided to switch to natural skin care products, you have to plan the proper implementation of the system too. Unless you understand the nature of your skin, you cannot apprehend the products that will suit you. To begin with, you have to find the right brand for buying the products appropriate for you. If you have any skin condition, then you have to be extra careful while choosing the product.
- Read the disclosure and beyond
There will always be a list of ingredients in the skincare products. But are you sure that the companies are disclosing the right ingredients and their proportions? If not, then your skin will suffer due to the presence of some allergic ingredient or degrading substance.
The safest option will be a purely herbal product from a reputed brand. The brands with a good reputation always maintain consistency in the quality of their products and won’t hide information from their customers. If 1% of the ingredient of a product from a lesser-known company is a carcinogenic or endocrine disruptor, you will be the victim unknowingly.
- A preservative-free tag isn’t best
Many of the products nowadays claim to be free from preservatives, and customers are happy with that. Unfortunately, the products that contain aloe, honey, water, or hydrosol, or any water-containing ingredients should mandatorily have a preservative for safe consumption. Water becomes the breeding ground of bacteria, yeats, and mold sooner than you can imagine. The preservative is a must to ensure the prevention of bacterial growth.
- Consult a specialist
If you are apprehensive about using the new product, you must consult the dermatologist to know your skin type and diagnose the skin problems. It will help you to plan the use accordingly and select the product after checking the active components present in the substance. After all, you cannot take a chance with using an item that is harmful to the skin type.
Planning the journey
It is challenging to start an entirely new skincare regime, especially if you are suffering from chronic skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, and acne. The stepwise implementation includes
- Scrutiny of the market to find the names of the top few natural skincare product-selling brands.
- Going through the websites of each to know which products have the best combination of ingredients.
- Follow the customer reviews with a focus on the ones from people who are also suffering from skin conditions.
- Find out the set of important questions that you must inquire from the company directly to ensure that you are using the correct product.
- Start using the products one by one and watch out for any allergic reaction. If your skin does not show any irritation on using the product, then continue the use to see whether there is really some impact of the product.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some most common questions about chronic skin conditions that you must ask the manufacturers to know what you are going to apply and what can happen on application.
- What is the source of derivation?
It implies directly where does the product come from. It can be from natural sources or marine sources, or even petrochemicals.
- Naturally occurring products have ingredients that do not undergo any processing and are present in the substance in raw form. Crushed flowers and honey are generally such items.
- Nature-identical ingredients are the products of the lab and chemically identical to the naturally occurring components. For instance, Sorbic Acid has its derivation from the rowan berries.
- Synthetic ingredients include all those components that undergo lab processing. The ideal example is paraben, and it is common as a beauty product preservative.
- What are the most important aspects of a skincare regime?
Following the regular cleansing, toning, and moisturizing process is the basis of natural product usage implementation. But it is also essential to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. It can actually cause dark spots, sunburns, and even cancer. So applying a sunscreen lotion is also a vital aspect of the regime.
- Do you need a moisturizer?
Hydrating the skin is always a major need. You need to add moisture to the skin so that it does not become too dry and scaly. Dry skin is the cause of many skin problems. The addition of oil is necessary to keep the skin soft and prevent it from being scaly to give rise to chronic conditions.
- Is steroid present in the product?
It would help if you always tried to avoid the products that contain steroids, as these can have side effects. Before buying, always procure information about the presence of steroids.
- Is it safe to use the product on sensitive skin?
This piece of information is critical as if you are suffering from a skin problem, you need to ensure that the new addition to your skincare regime won’t aggravate the disease. The product should also be effective on the skin without harming the surface.
After clarifying all the doubts, should you proceed with changing to the new skincare routine, but the implementation should be slow and steady.